(“unknown publisher”/“repair”/“something went wrong loading the program”/“this app can’t run on your PC”)
Firstly please check that you’ve installed the correct version of Melody Sauce: 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Windows version.
Secondly please check that you don’t have any firewalls, anti-virus tools or download settings that are preventing the installer from installing properly. Turn off any firewalls like Windows Defender and SmartScreen before attempting to download the installer again.
For an explanation on how to allow programs through Windows Defender please see here:
How to disable SmartScreen (Windows 10)
SmartScreen is a built-in Windows 10 feature designed to protect your from phishing attacks and malware and this feature can sometimes cause “This app can’t run on your PC” of “Unknown Publisher” errors. Please disable SmartScreen and then reinstall Melody Sauce. To disable SmartScreen do the following:
Press Windows Key + S and enter SmartScreen.
Choose Change SmartScreen settings and select "Do not do anything" (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
Click OK to save changes.
Once you have downloaded the installer following the instructions above, if this doesn’t resolve the problem please follow these steps:
- Select either the 64-bit or 32-bit installer depending on your version of Windows.
- Right-click the installer file view the file’s properties and make sure that the “unblock” box is ticked in the bottom right-hand corner of the properties window.:
- Open the Melody Sauce WIN installer and choose Custom Install.
- In the Install Options set, change the VST paths to the following exactly (be sure not to add a trailing "slash" at the end):
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Vstplugins
- Please type these destinations manually even if it looks the same on your computer.
- Then continue running the installer.
Following successful installation you should find the .dll VST file here:
- C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins